Sainte Marie Island is elongated, with 59 km long and 5km wide. The landscapes are diverse : on the South the small « Ile aux Nattes » with a magnificient lagoon, on the East the mangroves, on the North the natural swimming pools, the forests on the center and most of the activity to the West.


The first church of Madagascar, build in 1837, is situated in the main town, Ambodifotatra.


The pirate cemetery, the old fort and the light houses Albrand and Blevec are part of the sights of the island, but the most beautiful assets are its preserved nature, and the wild beaches, as the migration of the humpback whales from june to septembre.